Deadline Friday 28th Oct, 5pm. Application by CV & covering letter to email@example.com
This is a freelance fixed term contract to manage community involvement for our ‘Cliffefield Light Wanderers’ activity in Sheffield, S8.
Pif-Paf is a leading outdoor arts company creating top quality cross art-form work for festivals and events with leading partners around the UK. Based in Sheffield we are always developing a number of projects around physical, object and circus theatre. Full information is available at www.pif-paf.co.uk. The company consists of two Directors, a P/T Tour Manager and a team of freelancers.
We are looking for a highly capable candidate to deliver a multifaceted community outdoor arts activity from Dec 2022 to Feb 2023, ideally locally based. Role involves being out and about in the area (often afternoon and early evening hours) and working from home. Recruitment and scheduling of groups is a key aspect and ensuring all in the neighbourhood have access to it. You will be a community focussed individual committed to bringing people together though conversations.
This role could be combined with our other job post for Evaluation Administrator.
Responsible to – Co AD Pete Gunson
Fee (£1760, 11 days @ £160) Time to be managed as part of role.
* Community recruitment, building commitment and enthusiasm – including for 2 community bands and volunteer Marshalls
* Scheduling and project administration as required inc community band rehearsals
* Find and deliver ways to bring marginalised members of the neighbourhood into the activity
* Manage reasonable queries and concerns from neighbourhood
* Work with Pif-Paf activity accessibility
* Build trust and understanding with bands and band leaders
* Liaise with Activity Hub (local cafe) and production manager/safety lead for the event
* Liaise with artists and volunteers at event
* Manage small budget for contingency items for bands
* Engage with project and role evaluation
* Other reasonable activities as they arise and fit into allocated hours
Key Dates – must be available 3-7pm 13th Dec 2022 and 11am- 9pm 4th Feb 2023.
The role is weighted towards half day sessions in Sheffield S8
* Ability to understand and promote Pif-Paf’s ethos on community and participatory art
* Strong conversational skills and a passion for building relationships with a broad community in person
* Experience of working with community
* Enjoy working outdoors
* Attention to detail, resilience and reliability
* Flexibility and ability to use own initiative – hours will include a lot of 3-9pm
* Up to date DBS
* Own office facility
* Ability to travel to and around the area
* Sheffield based, know or have a connection to the area (Cliffefield Rd/Derbyshire Ln)
* Experience of outdoor arts, events, community music
* Experience of project management
* Safeguarding, event, first aid training
Pif-Paf celebrates diversity and encourages applicants from all backgrounds
Application deadline: Fri 28th Oct 5pm; CV & covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call to interview by Tues 1st Nov.
Interviews: 14th or 15th Nov in Sheffield (can be flexible)
Please get in touch to discuss any access questions. Applications can be by writing or video. Feel free to email email@example.com or phone 07931 339 161.